There are many ways to find local food, farm stores and farmers markets near you. As eaters, we can all vote with our fork and use our dollars to support Oregon family farmers and ranchers that are producing socially and environmentally responsible food.
Oregon Local Food Guides and Websites
- Oregon Pasture Network Pasture-Raised Product Guide – Oregon’s only guide to 100% pasture-raised animal products.
- Food for Oregon – OSU Extension’s database with hundreds of local and regional community food resources.
- If you live in Multnomah, Washington, or Clackamas counties – Tri County Farm has a fresh produce guide of local farms offering produce for sale directly to the public through u-pick and farm stands.
- Gorge Grown Food network supports sustainable food farming and distribution in the Columbia River Gorge.
- In Central Oregon, the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance’s Food & Farm Directory connects farmers, ranchers, farmers’ markets, local restaurants, institutions, grocers and consumers in their area.
- You can search the Willamette Food and Farm Coalition’s locally grown directory for fruits, vegetables, cheese, meats, and breads.
- North Coast Food Guide – Find local farms, fisheries, producers, farm stands, farmers markets, community gardens.
- Check out Oregon Rural Action’s Eastern Oregon farmers market guide and food and farm directory.
- Oregon Farmers’ Market Association lists all farmers’ markets registered with them in Oregon.
- The Rogue Valley Food Systems Directory can connect you to local growers and businesses in Southern Oregon.
- There is a Local Food Directory that promotes Klamath Basin farmers, producers and ranchers, as well as restaurants that source local: https://klamathgrown.
- Ten Rivers Food Web has an on-line Local Foods Directory for Benton, Linn and Lincoln Counties.
- Looking for a farm that provides CSAs or Community Supported Agriculture? To find a CSA farm in the North Willamette Valley, click here. Central Oregon, here. Columbia Gorge, here.
- Eat Well Guide – Plug in your zip code and see what turns up! Farmers, get listed!
- Weston A. Price Foundation – Find real milk producers.
- Local Harvest – find locally grown food anywhere in the country.
- Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food – USDA’s resource with organizations around the nation that connect eaters to local food, grants, and resources.
- Find recipes, news and information at the Sustainable Table.
Sustainable and Certified Producers
- Search Oregon Tilth’s directory of certified organic producers.
- Salmon Safe certifies farmers who adopt practices that protect water quality and native salmon.
- The Animal Welfare Approved label shows that your meat has been produced humanely by family farmers.
- List of Certified Naturally Grown producers in Oregon and nationally
Friends of Family Farmers provides these resources solely for educational purposes. Friends of Family Farmers neither favors nor endorses any of the organizations listed on this website, nor are they responsible for any incorrect information that is listed on the hyperlinked external sites.