Pastures, Soils & Grazing: Management and Analysis with Woody Lane, PhD
November 2 @ 6:00 pm - November 4 @ 9:00 pm
Class Description : This is a very down-to-earth THREE evening workshop on forages, grazing, pastures, & soils. You’ll learn how to set up a grazing system, how forages grow, what makes a good pasture, when to open the gate and when to move animals off a pasture, how to soil test, fertilize, and lime your pastures.
Three evenings of intensive online instruction from a leader in the grazing field. This class is suitable for folks just starting out in the grazing world, and people with a bit more experience who are working on rehabbing a pasture, or re-vamping their system.
A practical workshop on grazing, pastures, & soils. You’ll learn:
- How to set up a grazing system
- How to evaluate your pasture
- The 4 Critical Principles of good grazing
- When to open the gate
- When to move animals off a pasture
- How to sample soils and use the soil test numbers
- Which fertilizers to use and when to apply them
- Which forages are best for different purposes
- Repairing pastures after a wildfire