We are looking for a detail-oriented Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. This volunteer (unpaid) position will be responsible for our small but growing support crew of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. Responsibilities include recruiting new volunteers, keeping track of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and when possible, conveying FoFF’s purpose to the public.
A successful FoFF Volunteer Coordinator should be passionate about volunteer work and share the values of our organization, while ensuring the comfort and success of our volunteers in their efforts. The time required is approximately 1-3 hrs/week, and will vary widely depending on projects and activities FoFF is working on.
Volunteer Coordinator responsibilities:
- Recruiting and matching new volunteers with FoFF needs.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining up-to-date records on a spreadsheet.
- Using marketing tools such as social media, e-mails, and volunteer databases. ● Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about FoFF and new volunteer opportunities as they arise.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Keeping records of volunteers’ work.
- Ensuring FoFF’s purpose is conveyed to the public.
Volunteer Coordinator skills:
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, social media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of people. ● Excellent organization and team building skills.
Please send a resume or letter of interest and 2 references to email@example.com
** Friends of Family Farmers is an equal opportunity employer **
** We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply **